Electricity Rebate – Eskom Customers
It has come to our attention that many residents in our Eskom areas of supply have not received their 50kw free basic electricity for the month of July 2021.
Below please find the code the customers can use to claim their free 50 units:
All indigent customers please note that you can still obtain your free basic electricity tokens via the FREE USSD option. Please follow the simple steps below:
• Dial *130*869# from your mobile phone
• Enter your prepaid electricity meter number
• Punch in free 50 electricity tokens
• Token digits will be SMSed to your phone
• Punch the token digits into the electricity meter
This service is available to indigent customers for the following ESKOM areas of supply:
In order for you to receive free units, you have to be registered for indigent assistance. Registration is valid for only one year, from July to June.
If your household income is R5500 per month or less, you qualify to apply for a discount on your municipal services.
The following documentation must accompany your application, to complete the discount forms:
• Municipal Account
• Identity document of both husband and wife
• Birth certificate of children
• Proof of income (salary slip or letter from employer, Sassa card and proof / slip)
Enquiries can be directed to the Masakhane section at 028 425 5500 or emailed to HughwinJ@capeagulhas.gov.za.
MUNICIPAL MANAGER / MUNISIPALE BESTUURDER
CAPE AGULHAS MUNICIPALITY / KAAP AGULHAS MUNISIPALITEIT